The Environmental Improvement Section of Shetland Amenity Trust is primarily responsible for a number of environmental enhancement initiatives and recycling projects throughout the isles, including:
- Coordination of Da Voar Redd Up, the UK’s largest community led Spring Clean.
- Coordination of Dunna Chuck Bruck, Shetland’s overarching environmental awareness initiative.
- Delivering environmental workshops for Schools and Youth Groups.
- Providing an Environmental Improvement Service, removing scrap vehicles and redundant agricultural machinery for recycling.
- Recycling, including aluminium and steel cans and prime building materials.
- Enviroglass, Shetland’s award winning glass recycling enterprise. Management of
- Hosting and facilitating the annual Shetland Environmental Awards.
- Management of Carbon Reduction Shetland.