Regional Archaeologist Dr. Val Turner is now writing a weekly blog entitled 'Off the beaten track' - helping you to discover some of Shetland's hidden archaeology treasures.
- Off the beaten track 1 - Punds Water - published 2 April 2020
- Off the beaten track 2 - Ness of Burgi - published 3 April 2020
- Off the beaten track 3 - Homesteads - published 10 April 2020
- Off the beaten track 4 - Our past emerging as the coast erodes - published 16 April 2020
- Off the beaten track 5 - The Mysterious Picts - published 30 April 2020
- Off the beaten track 6 - Walking with Vikings - published 8th May 2020
- Off the beaten track 7 - In search of Soapstone - published 15th May 2020
- Off the beaten track 8 - Burnt Mounds - published 22nd May 2020
We rely on the generous support of our funders and supporters to continue our work on behalf of Shetland. Everything we do is about caring for Shetland's outstanding natural and cultural heritage on behalf of the community and for future generations. . Donations are welcomed and are essential to our work.